Phoenix man arrested in fatal stabbing of his brother
Phoenix police arrested a man on suspicion of murder after his brother was stabbed to death late Sunday night.
Roosevelt Mitchell Jr., 49, was arrested and booked into the Maricopa County Jail on suspicion of second-degree murder in the death of 47-year-old Kelvin Mitchell about 10:30 p.m.
A Phoenix police spokesman said the brothers were involved in a fight in the backyard of a home near 15th Avenue and Baseline Road before Kelvin Mitchell was stabbed at least once.
He was taken to a Phoenix hospital, where he died, the spokesman said.
Officers recovered a weapon believed to have been used in the stabbing.
Police are continuing their investigation, the spokesman said.
No other information was immediately available.
Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
- Sparks fly, knives come out in hearing over IRS targeting of tea party groups as a new email document shows an agency in cover-up mode
- Lottery winner flushes $544,000 down toilet ‘so no one else could have it’
- Algerian C-130 Hercules carrying soldiers and families crashes, killing 103 people — reports
- EXCLUSIVE: Former Columbus probation officer turns herself in after 2 years running from authorities
- Phoenix PD: Woman kidnapped at gunpoint
- Judge rules FAA has no authority over drones
- More questions than answers in teen murder-suicide
- One wounded in Mesa nail salon shooting
- Border Patrol agents seize 1,900 pounds of pot in stolen SUV
- Paying tribute to 23 fallen Arizona heroes
- Police ask for help solving car burglars in Chandler
- With 2 arrests, what background checks must teachers go through
- Mesa man dies after being hit by a garbage truck
- PD: Man caught 'upskirting' photos of woman in Tempe store